Sedation Dentistry is held in the highest regard here at Dental Bliss, because we were founded by two people who suffered traumatic dental experiences in their youth. This is why Dental Bliss Franklin, and Dental Bliss Hermitage utilize sedation dentistry not only to relieve discomfort during procedures, but also to relieve stress, nerves, and phobias about going to the dentist. It is our belief that you shouldn’t avoid getting the smile you want, or restoring confidence in your smile just because traditional dentistry has left a bad taste in your mouth. For Dentistry Re-Imagined, explore this information and the links provided below.
FACTS ABOUT SEDATION DENTISTRY
- It Really Works! You really can snooze in a sleep like state during your dental appointment.
- It Is Safe! You take a small pill prior to treatment, no intravenous tubes or needles.
- You will have little or no memory of the experience. You probably won’t remember any sounds or smells.
- You will snooze for up to five to six hours after taking the pill. The time you are snoozing will vary depending on your needed treatment.
- Complex dental treatments that often require six to eight appointments, can be done in as little as one! All while you snooze.
- People who have difficulty getting numb will find that snooze dentistry eliminates this problem, in a sleep like state.
- Sedation dentistry is a safe way to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatment requiring long visits.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR ORAL SEDATION DENTISTRY?
- Anyone who has excessive gagging, hard to numb sensitive teeth
- Anyone who wants large amounts of work done in one appointment
- Anyone who suffers from dental fear and anxiety
- Anyone who would like their dental work done while in a safe, totally relaxed sleep like state
Types of Sedation Dentistry at Dental Bliss
Patient’s anxieties are relieved, but they are conscious and able to verbally and physically respond throughout the procedure.
Patients are often still conscious and able to respond to stimulus, but are often amnestic and do not remember much, if any, of their treatment.
Deep Sedation / General Anesthesia
Patients are comfortably relaxed, unconscious, and without movement throughout the entire dental procedure.
Dr. Yezerski is the only dentist / anesthesiologist in Tennessee doing this on a mobile basis. He visits the Dental Bliss office on an as needed, scheduled basis. To enjoy the best Sedation Dentistry has to offer, please schedule your reservation today.
QUESTIONS ABOUT SEDATION DENTISTRY
Will I feel any pain?
No. You will feel nothing!
Will I be unconscious?
No, you will be in a deeply relaxed, sleep like state, and you will be responsive.
Will I be monitored?
Yes, one of our team is always with you and your vital signs are monitored during the entire visit by an ultramodern electronic monitoring system. You are never alone.
How long will I be snoozing?
Depending on your needs, from two to six hours.
Will someone need to accompany me?
Yes, due to the sedative effects of the medication, you will need someone to drive you to our office and home again.
Is it safe?
Absolutely. This is not the general anesthesia used in hospitals and surgery centers. This is no more dangerous then taking a sleep pill when you can’t sleep.
#1 DENTIST IN NASHVILLE
Dr. Atchley was voted #1 DENTIST IN NASHVILLE 8 years in a row.
MICHAEL, DENTAL BLISS PATIENT, OLD HICKORY
From the time I arrived at your office until the time I left your staff and especially you provided unparalleled service.✻
151 Rosa Helm Way
Franklin TN, 37067
601 Brandywine Court
Old Hickory TN, 37138