What is Natural and Biological Dentistry?
Natural, or Biological Dentistry is an approach to Dentistry that promotes health and wellness instead of the treatment of disease. This approach to Dentistry encompasses both modern science and knowledge drawn from the world’s great traditions on natural healing…Natural Dentistry acknowledges and deals with the mind, body and spirit of the patient, not just his or her “teeth”.
How is this achieved?
- Proper nutrition for the prevention and reversal of degenerative dental disease
- Avoidance and elimination of toxins from dental materials
- Prevention and treatment of dental malocclusion (bite problems = physical imbalance)
- Prevention and treatment of gum disease at its biological basis
Why choose full-body wellness as your dental option?
We consider your full-body wellness when we recommend any treatment. Proper dental care can add as many as 10 years to your life. Our goal is to always consider how any treatment we recommend will affect your entire wellness. Most Dentists just “fix the problem”, we “treat the cause.”
Another step we offer is Clifford testing (more about this later). We always want to make sure that our materials are compatible with “YOU”…there is no “one-size-fits-all” mentality with our patients.
Your body is natural; don’t you think that your doctor should be too?
Don’t get us wrong, we still believe in the science-based dental practice. Our goal is to offer you a choice. Your body is a natural entity, so we want to offer scientifically proven natural remedies for you symptoms, we think you should be given that alternative. We will always present you with the natural options as well as the traditional dental options. It’s your mouth, your treatment and ultimately your choice! We want to educate you so that you then can make an informed decision about your care.
Your oral health directly relates to other systemic diseases which include but not limited to:
- Heart Disease
- Respiratory Disease
The options for the “Natural” approach to dentistry:
- No fluoridated polishing paste
- MI Paste
- contains no fluoride
- BPA free
- contains no corn or corn by-products (which also includes no high-fructose corn syrup)
- Ozone Therapy
What is Ozone?
- Ozone is three atoms oxygen joined together (O3) as opposed to the regular oxygen that we breathe, which is two oxygen atoms joined together (O2)
- Ozone is created in our office by a special machine which converts pure medical grade oxygen into ozone. Once created it can be used in liquid or gas form.
- Ozone carries a negative charge and acts by neutralizing positive charges, which are typically carried by viruses, bacteria and other free radicals. Our healthy blood cells have the anti-oxidative properties necessary to avoid harm from ozone. Bad cells, bacteria, viruses, etc. do not have the ability to deter the ozone and will destroy on contact.
How can we use Ozone to promote dental health?
- Tooth Decay- Ozone destroys the bacteria that cause tooth decay. When administered onto a cavity in gas form, ozone has the ability to travel into the microscopic tubules that a tooth is comprised of. This ensures the tooth is free of active decay before a filling is placed.
- Periodontal Disease- Ozonated gas and water can be used in conjunction in periodontal therapy. They can be employed underneath the gums in efforts to kill the bacteria causing gum inflammation and bone loss seen in patients suffering from periodontal disease.
- Oral Surgery- Ozonated gas and water are used during our surgical procedures to aid in the resolution of any infection present in a surgical site.
- Root Canals- Ozone effectively kills the bacteria located throughout a tooth in need of root canal therapy. Since it is a gas, it can flow through the tiny tubules a tooth is made up of, sterilizing a tooth more effectively than traditional liquids can.
Clifford Materials Reactivity Testing (CMRT).
What is this?
- This is a laboratory screening test used to help identify existing sensitivity problems to various chemical groups in an individual patient.
How is this done?
- This is done through taking a small blood sample and sending it off to our lab. They will run the testing and then send your results directly back to your Dentist and a copy to you.
What does this test tell me?
- We come into contact with many substances every day in the environment, the food we eat, the products we use and the treatments we receive. For some of us, certain substances can be toxic and hazardous which may result in serious health problems. The Clifford Testing provides you and your Dentist with extensive information about your individual sensitivities so that the least offensive materials can be chosen and used in your treatment.
Mercury Free Dentistry
- Our practice is proud to let you know that we practice with the highest of standards and offer Mercury free dentistry to our patients. We always use the highest quality dental products available.
What if I have Mercury fillings?
- As a Mercury free practice, we also utilize the highest standards of Mercury Removal as well. Dr. Atchley and his staff have been trained to remove these fillings by standards set by the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology). We want to ensure you that we take every precaution to make sure that you are safe and protected at all times during your treatment.
#1 DENTIST IN NASHVILLE
Dr. Atchley was voted #1 DENTIST IN NASHVILLE 8 years in a row.
MICHAEL, DENTAL BLISS PATIENT, OLD HICKORY
From the time I arrived at your office until the time I left your staff and especially you provided unparalleled service.✻
151 Rosa Helm Way
Franklin TN, 37067
601 Brandywine Court
Old Hickory TN, 37138